Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Luxuries of living in India

Some of the luxuries of living in India.... is being able to afford a cook, a driver, a maid to take care of the household and maid to help me with Vaibhav.

Believe me or not inspite of having all this help..I hardly have time to do things for myself ... My son claims most of it...he's gotten extremely clingy... it's gotten so worse that he will be waiting for me outside the bathroom knocking for me to get out....I hope this is just a phase he is going through....( hats off to all the single mothers out there) Also unlike in the U.S one has to constantly train and monitor all the employees to get the job done to your taste.I should say I have been extremely fortunate to find really good help ...they are good at their job and are quick learners.

Holding the best to the last... the ultimate luxury for Kamal & I is to have a yoga teacher come to our home and teach us Yoga five days a week.It's been almost 10 days since we started taking lessons...we love our teacher(Shiva Kumar), He has been practising yoga for the past 14 years....He is a postgraduate with a law degree...who chose yoga over law.

Kamal and I are really loving it.



Teacher and I

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It Looks like you're adjusting pretty well! I meant to write on Tues the 1st, but better late than never. I wanted to wish you the happiest of Birthdays. I hope your day was really special. As always we miss you and I'll write again soon.
Lots of Love to you all,
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Wow - sounds like India is treating you well! Where are you living? For some reason, I thought you were living with your parents for a while??

Taren