Friday, June 13, 2008

Driving lessons

1) Don't know how to drive a stick shift
2) Have to drive on the left side of the road
3) Traffic can come from anywhere and there's too much of it
4) Almost nobody follows the traffic rules
5) Two wheelers,four wheeler's, pedestrian's,some times animal's use the same road

For the above mentioned reasons, Kamal and I have started taking driving lessons.It's a nightmare driving here in Hyderabad...it's almost like playing a car racing video game...without high speeds.Kamal's ready to get his driving license..but I need a little more practice... will venture out to get our license in the next couple of week's.

It was our third wedding anniversary on Monday June 16.....so I ventured out to buy a card for my dear Husband.I had a hard time finding the right card as there was limited choice..any how!!!!!!, I picked out a card ...pulled out 100 Rupees thinking that it would be more than enough ( $1 = Rupees 42) to pay, for the card and a chocolate I picked at the check out counter.I was a little shocked when the cashier asked me for Rs.120.....it then struck me that its been almost 9yrs that I shopped for a card in India and prices have gone up since then. I remember paying Rs.20 for a really nice card.I think my mind is still stuck at the time point when I left India for U.S.We had a similar experience when we went out to watch Indiana Jones...we payed Rs.200/ticket...earlier I remember paying Rs.70 for the best seats. ( I think I am outdated here in India Hhmmmmmm ....!!!!!) Will need some more time to get used to the newer India.

1 comment:

Shaswati said...

belated happy anniversary Archana & Kamal.
Good luck with the driving....u r brave to attempt driving in india.!!!!!!!!! holy moly!